I love desserts but I don’t love spending a lot of time in the kitchen preparing them. This Caramel Apple Pastry is so easy to make and it’s perfect as a family dessert or for company.
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls or Turnovers
can of apple pie filling
caramel sauce (found in the ice cream aisle)
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) Instead of unrolling eight crescents, unroll them into four pieces so you have four rectangles.
3) Place a generous couple of spoonfuls into the middle of each of the rectangles. You want them full of apple but you also want to be able to close them.
4) Fold all four corners up to the center then pull the sides up to the center. Pinch all the open areas to close them at the top of the pastry.
5) Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and then gently shake this over the tops of the pastries.
6) Add a little caramel drizzle to the top of each pastry.
7) Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until cooked thoroughly (make sure the dough isn’t still raw in the middle).The turnovers are probably easier to work with than the crescents as cooking the crescents thoroughly with filling can be tricky (the top browns a lot faster than the middle cooks).
Right before serving, add some extra caramel sauce to each pastry.
There you have it – a delicious dessert that’s so much easier to make than apple pie!