I talked about Party Games for 2-5 year olds in this post Party Games for 2-5 Year Olds. Today I’m going to give you some ideas on games for 5-7 year olds.
While the “everyone wins” games are still a good option for avoiding tears on the big day, as the kids get older they are much more capable of playing games where there is a clear winner. Activities are also a fun alternative to games. You know your child best and what they would prefer.
1. Piñata – Still a big favorite!
2. Bingo – Bingo is a good game to take up time if you need to, it can be quick or you can play blackout or as many games as you want to take up spare time.
3. Obstacle Course – You can make this an “everyone wins” game and give kids a prize as they complete the course or you can have a timed race.
4. Scavenger Hunt – Offer simple clues to lead kids from one place to the next and finally to the prize! OR give kids a list of items to fins. This can be a group, team or individual activity.
5. Ring Toss – Highest points wins.
6. Bean Bag Toss – Toss bean bags into holes with point values, highest points wins.
7. Guess How Many – Fill a jar with small items that coordinate with your theme and have kids guess how many are in the jar. Winner gets the jar!
8. Pin the Tail on the Donkey Games – Make one that coordinates with your theme!
9. Activity where they can build or paint an item to take home.
10. Balloon Popping Game – Add a small prize to each balloon or a few of the balloons, allow kids to pop away until they find the prizes! *This is a great way to use the balloons as decorations for most of the party and get the kids to clean up by popping them for you at the end!
What are your favorite party games for 5-7 year olds? Post in the comments section below!