With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, we are excited to share a cute and easy tutorial to help you celebrate! Whether you are hosting a Valentine’s Day party or just need a special little something to decorate your home, this year consider going the DIY route with our heart clothesline garland.
Valentine Themed Ribbon
Red, White, & Pink Construction Paper Clothespins
2 3/4 in. and 1 7/6 in. heart punchers or scissors
Hot Glue Gun or Double-Sided Tape
Painters Tape or Thumb Tacks
1) Cut the ribbon to the desired length you would like. Cut multiple pieces of ribbon if you plan to make more than 1 garland.
2) Take your cardstock or construction paper and use the heart punchers or scissors to cut out large and small hearts. You will determine the amount of hearts needed based upon the length of your ribbon(s), and you can alternate the colors of your hearts.
3) Using a hot glue gun or tape, adhere a small heart in the center of each large heart.
4) Using the clothespins, adhere your completed hearts to the ribbon(s), placing them 1 – 2 inches apart.
5) Hang your completed garland(s) to the wall or anywhere you desire. If you hang on the wall, we suggest using painters tape, and you can tape a heart on each end to cover the painters tape.
We hope you enjoy creating our super easy and adorable garland, and that it brings lots of love to your Valentine’s Day soiree or home.