by Missy & Kristen from Sweetly Chic Events
Confetti is a beautiful and fun and new trend that is sure to make your next event sparkle! Creating your own confetti is a quick and easy option to add a little extra pizzazz to your next event!
· Decorative paper in your choice of colors
· Tissue Paper
· A handheld hole punch
· Mylar (if you want to add a little extra shine!)
Follow these simple steps to make your own confetti:
- Gather your decorative paper. In honor of an upcoming Neverland inspired event, we chose a light pink polka dot print and a mint green and gold quadrefoil pattern from Cupcake Express. We also pre-cut some light pink stars to add to our confetti and coordinate with our theme.
- Use your hole punch to punch a handful of holes of each color. You can place the punches in a bowl to add to the mix later.
- Next, you will want to pick a complementary tissue paper color. We opted for a light pink paper. The tissue paper adds a different texture and size when compared with the punched holes.
- Equally fold a single sheet of tissue paper 4 times. Starting at the bottom, carefully cut 1/4 in – 1/2 inch cuts almost all the way to the top. Then make equal cuts starting along the side of the paper, forming small squares. Don’t worry if each square is not exactly the same as the next, it doesn’t have to be perfect!.
- Next you will want to repeat step 4, only this time cutting squares of mylar.
- Simply mix all your components together in a bowl to create a bright and beautiful confetti mix!
Once finished, you can sprinkle your confetti on a party table, package it for guests to throw during the event or event offer it as a fun favor to take home!
Sweetly Chic Events