What could be more refreshing on a hot summer day than a glass of ice cold lemonade?! Not only is lemonade delicious, but if can be the perfect theme for your child’s next birthday celebration. Kids love sweets and summer is synonymous with bright colors, so when you mesh the two together a fun and vibrant party is in store.
Whether your party is outdoors or indoors, to bring your lemonade theme to life you must have one key item…a lemonade stand. The stand not only serves as a drink station, but also a great decor element and fun for children. While I opted for a more color-infused look for my lemonade stand, you can add in some of the traditional aspects by giving guests real or play money to purchase their beverages and snacks, as well as having the birthday child and or partygoers to run the lemonade stand, of course with adult supervision. To help make your lemonade stand eye-catching for your partygoers, follow these simple steps:
Colorful paper and/or tissue fans
Cardboard or foam board
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Table Tablecloth (optional)
Forever Yours Prints lemonade party printables
Lemonade drinking jars
Lemon candy sticks
Colorful party hats
- Set up a table indoors or outdoors and cover with a tablecloth. Alternatively, you can do what I did and use a stationary table/furniture in your home, such as a hutch.
- To create the backdrop, adhere the paper fans to the board with hot glue. Cut fans when necessary to ﬁll empty spaces on the board, as well as create a layering effect.
- To make the lemonade, I used Country Time Lemonade mix and followed the directions on the back of the container. Please note, it is best to mix the water, sugar and lemonade mix in a pot before transferring to a pitcher. To ensure the best taste, keeping adding sugar and lemonade mix until it’s just right.
- Add lemon cookies to your cookie jars, and if you’d like these to serve as favors for your guests you can tie a favor tag around the jar from the printable set.
- Pour lemonade into each guest’s drinking jar. Add a lemon candy stick, right before guests arrive, for extra sweetness. You can also garnish the jars with a lemon wedge.
- Set lemons in vases for added decor, and place out party hats for guests to get ready for party time!
The kids are sure to enjoy the lemonade and snacks, while also gaining some early entrepreneurial skills. I’m conﬁdent your next kiddie soiree will be a hit with the addition of our lemonade stand tips!
Party Styling and Photos – Shalyce of Sensational Soirees
Colorful Backdrop – Kacey Dangerﬁeld
Party Printablables – Forever Your Prints
Party Hats – Target
Placemats and Pitcher – TJ Maxx
Candy Sticks – Party City
Cookie Jars – Michael’s
Libbey’s Drinking Jars – Amazon