These rainbow poke cupcakes are full of flavor (literally!). You see, since they are called poke cupcakes, you will be poking them and pouring lime gelatin over the holes, which will make them a fun green and a tasty flavor. The little ones love poking these, and it’s an easy job to let them help out in the kitchen. These make great snacks and would be perfect for any party. Enjoy…
1 box White Cake Mix
1 cup Water
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
3 oz Lime Gelatin
1 cup boiling Water
1/2 cup cold water
2 tbsp Milk
1 cup softened Butter
4 cup Powdered Sugar
Green Food Coloring
- Make cupcakes according to box directions
- After baking move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Poke holes in each cupcake using a form
- Mix Jello and boiling water; stir until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water and pour over cupcakes.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Transfer 1/4 of the icing to the corner of medium size zipper bag, try to minimize trapped air and close. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe. Set aside.
- Add several drops of green food coloring to remaining icing and mix until color is blended.
- Transfer icing to the corner of large size zipper bag. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe.
- Cut each strip of the airheads into 2 1/2 – 3 inch lengths.
- Ice the top of each cupcake with green icing.
- Pipe a white cloud on each side of the green and insert the airheads strip between them to make a rainbow.
Re-blogged with permission from Raining Hot Coupons