In our first post about FYP HowTo, we showed you a side by side comparison of photos printed from some very popular print companies. Today we are going to discuss where to print your other party labels.
You have two main options for party labels:
-You can print them at home on your own printer -or-
-You can have them printed at an office supply store such as Office Max or Staples.
Either way, we strongly suggest to have labels printed on 110lb card stock, and ALWAYS do a test print first!
Printing at Home
- What type of printer do you have? A regular inkjet printer will run through ink with full color labels quickly and does not print labels as vibrantly as a laser printer would.
- What will it cost you to refill your ink as well as purchase 110lb. card stock for your labels?
- Price check between home costs and local office supply store (generally under $1 per page).
- Don’t need to leave home (if you have ink and card stock)
- Can print last minute labels
- Not as crisp as a high end laser printer
- May need to purchase extra ink and/or card stock
- Often ends up being more expensive
Printing at an Office Supply Store
- Can they have your order ready in time? Most office supply stores can print your order right then and there for you, but call ahead to be sure. You can also place your order online for Staples, but they usually charge a $5 rush fee for orders needed within the next two days.
- What are you printing on? Be sure you select 110lb. card stock, or label paper (if printing labels)
- Great quality, vibrant
- Usually under $1 per page
- Have to leave home to pick up
In my experience Staples has won me over easily! The labels always come out beautifully printed and cost under $20 to have a complete party package (banner and all). Check out the detail!
If you missed earlier posts in the FYP HowTo Series, catch up with the links below!