This centerpiece will be the talk of your princess party! At first glance it may look like a daunting task, but Restless Chipotle layered out all the direction so everyone can be successful with this! It’s great when food doubles as decoration isn’t it?! Below you will find the step by step directions to make this adorable Princess Royal Carriage Dip!
Your favorite (thick) dip recipe
1 Sourdough round bread boule – unsliced
6 slices of white bread
Yarn or string
- The night before you will serve the dip slice a thin layer off of the top of the boule.
- Pull out the bread, leaving a 1 inch thick wall.
- Save the bread for breadcrumbs or whatever.
- Allow the boule to stand uncovered overnight – this helps the soft bread inside to get a little crusty and it won’t soak up so much dip when you fill it.
- Shortly before serving toast 4 pieces of bread.
- Carefully cut a large circle out of each for the wheels.
- Toast the other 2 pieces of bread and cut out 2 small circles from each for the hubs.
- Place the hollow boule on a platter.
- Place a small circle on a large circle of toast and push a toothpick through the circles and attach them to the boule for wheels.
- Place the horses at the “front” of the carriage.
- Tie string around the horses and attach the ends to each side of the coach with toothpicks.
- Add the dip to the hollowed out center.
- Add parsley, chives, edible flowers or whatever you like as garnish.
Re-posted with permission from Restless Chipotle