This time of year is especially exciting for little ones who know Santa Claus is coming to town! To prepare for his coming arrival and add to the excitement of Christmas, my son and daughter hosted an afternoon of holiday fun with a few of their friends.
Our decor color scheme was primarily holiday red and kiwi green to go along with the Christmas theme. With lots of fun activities and crafts planned for the afternoon, we went for a clean tablescape accented with balloons. The kids had a blast decorating cookies, creating ornaments, playing games and more…even the babies had fun in their holiday gear. Thanks to Forever Your Prints free holiday printables, we had adorably wrapped bottles of water to help the little ones wash down all their Christmas cookies. The perfect additions to this wintery celebration were a hot chocolate station and sweets table. Needless to say, everyone got their sugar fix for the day and enjoyed some holiday cheer.
This party was both fun and affordable, and here are a few things you need to create a similar celebration for your little ones:
- Cookie Decorating – sugar or snickerdoodle cookies (at least 2 per child), variety of icing that can be shared, sprinkles, plastic knives and spoons to scoop and spread the icing
- Pin the Hat on the Polar Bear Game – Oriental Trading
- Ornament Decorating Kits – Michael’s
- Reindeer and Elf Visors – Michael’s
- Red Plates – Dollar Tree, Kiwi Plates – Target
- Red and Kiwi Balloons – Party City
- Hot Chocolate Station – packets of Swiss Miss hot chocolate or a recipe of your own, marshmallows, chocolate syrup, crushed peppermint, whipped cream and mugs/coffee cups
- Holiday Rice Krispies Pops Tutorial
Christmastime is truly the most wonderful time of year, so I hope you are enjoying every minute of it!