Ice cream that doesn’t melt?! I’m in! These ice cream cone cupcakes are always a hit, and they are so easy to put together. You can use a cake recipe rather than a boxed mix if you’d like.
You will need:
24 ice cream cones
Your favorite boxed cake mix (and ingredients to complete it)
Frosting of your choice
Mini muffin pan (a regular one will work, but cones won’t be as stable)
1. Make your cake batter according to directions.
2. Set your oven at the temperature on the box for cupcakes. Be sure the oven rack is low enough to allow for the tall cones and not have the cupcakes hit the burners at the top.
3. Place ice cream cones in mini muffin tin tray.
4. Carefully fill each cone 2/3 full with cake batter.
5. Carefully place tray with batter filled cones in the oven. Bake 10-15 minutes
6. Cool completely.
7. Using a piping bag or Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off, frost your cupcakes like a soft serve ice cream cone! You can use the method described in this post. For the soft serve look use just the bag with no tip.