This caramel corn is easy and delicious. I’ve even included a bonus recipe at the end! Packaged up in a pretty holiday tin (check your local Dollar Store!), it make a great potluck item and/or hostess gift!
6 Quarts Air-popped Popcorn (this was two batches in our air popper)
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
Pinch of salt
1. Pop popcorn and remove any up-popped seeds. Place your popcorn in a large, greased roasting pan.
2. Put all other ingredients ion a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom to keep any sugar granolas from burning.
3. Once your mixture starts boiling set a timer for five minutes and continue to stir constantly, scraping the bottom and sides.
4. After five minutes, pour your mixture over the popcorn in the roasting pan. Stir gently to cover the popcorn as evenly as you can.
5. Bake at 200 degrees for an hour. Stir popcorn and rotate pan every 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool, stirring every few minutes to break it up.
7. Taste test and store in an air-tight container (if their is any left to store after you taste test!) Repeat steps 1-7 if you ate all your popcorn.
Give your gift card or secret Santa gift an edge with a small tin of this stuff, it’s so easy to make and gets rave reviews!
BONUS! Mix some of your caramel corn with some holiday M&Ms, pretzels and a package of Chex Mix Muddy Buddies for a delicious snack mix!
What is your go-to holiday treat?