Not sure what to do with the over ripe bananas? Make some yummy banana bread! A Great morning or afternoon snack! Recipe adapted from Inspired Taste.
True story… I forgot to put the nuts in the batter, so I had to improvise and make a crumble topping!
Banana Bread with Cinnamon Crumble
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
3 medium, mashed bananas
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Add brown sugar and eggs. Mix until combined.
3. Add vanilla. Mix.
4. Add flour, baking soda, salt and spice. Mix thoroughly.
5. Pour batter into a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2″ loaf pan.
6. In a food processor, chop nuts, sugar until they form a crumble.
7. Add to melted butter. Sprinkle over batter in loaf pan.
8. Bake for 35-50 minutes.
9. Serve warm with butter & enjoy!