Choosing the right meal to serve at a party can save you a lot of time and a lot of grief. Growing up in a large family, now having my own large family (extended family gatherings are CRAZY!) and planning parties for a living have given me a great basic list of the best meals to serve for a crowd. I’m in a sharing mood today, lucky you 🙂
1. Pizza – The go-to party food and for good reason. It pleases both children and adults and just takes a phone call. Be sure to offer cheese pizza for the kiddos! Pepperoni, canadian bacon pineapple and a good combo are also pretty safe choices. It’s good to have a vegetarian option available as well.
2. Hot dogs and Hamburgers – A popular choice during the Summer months. Purchase pre-made burger patties and all you need to do is offer up some buns and condiments and glue a volunteer to the grill! It’s a good idea to have a vegetarian option, such as a boca burger, here also.
3. Pasta – Spaghetti, Mac n’ cheese, etc. are always crowd pleasers. You can find great slow cooker recipes for them too, making them even easier one-pot meals. Offer up a green salad on the side if you are serving adults.
4. Sandwich Bar – This is one of my favorite choices to feed a crowd. Offer up small rolls, lunchmeat, cheese, vegetables and condiments. You can even offer up some pj&j for the littles. Let everyone build their own sandwich just the way they like it! You can serve chips and salad on the side.
5. Hot sandwich – Pulled pork, bbq chicken and shredded beef all work well for this option. You could even offer a couple choices if you have more than one slow cooker. BBQ chicken is as simple as adding chicken breasts and a jar of bbq sauce and cooking in the slow cooker 4-6 hours on high, then shred. Offer small buns for guests to build their sandwiches! Serve a green salad on the side for a vegetarian option.
What are your favorite meals to serve a crowd? Post them in the comments section below, we’d love to hear your ideas!