Today we are sharing one of the cutest tutorials I’ve seen for a back to school craft! This craft was designed and constructed by Lina from Fancy Frugal Life! I just love this idea and think it would make a wonderful gift for teacher appreciation as well!
What makes this craft so wonderful is how affordable it is! With school supply deals popping up all over the place, it is easy to find the crayons, pencils, and hot glue needed to make this beautiful wreath.
Wooden wreath (flat)
Paint for frame
Chalkboard paint for inside frame
Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Cut pencils to 3/4th length
- Glue crayons to wooden wreath. Feel free to cut some crayons as needed to make wreath appealing to the eye
- Glue pencils underneath of the wood wreath frame. (This can be difficult. It helps to place some some ahead to make sure the spacing is correct and the pencils stay straight (see pic #3).
- Paint frame a bright color and paint the inside of the frame with chalkboard paint.
- Add extra flare such as apples, school book, stickers, ribbon, etc.
- Secured frame with a looped ribbon and a heavier glue (e6000). It has to be hung by the wood wreath frame to ensure strength.